North wall of Alam Kooh is located in Takhte Soleaman area south of Caspian Sea . This wall has about 450- 500m vertical altitude and has route with various difficulties such as : French route , polish route , Italian route, Arash route etc. and the famous German flank .
Base camp will set up on Alamchal glacier at about 4000m. Difficulty of this climbing routes is changeable from free to aid climbing from 5.9 (VI) to 5.13(IX). Our guides have climbed some of routes for the first time in the winter 2012.
Best Time: June-July-August
TRIP LENGTH: 8 days
• full services of a professional expedition leader plus local guides
• 4×4 vehicle support as required
• all meals
• all transport as outlined in the itinerary
• all accommodation
• any specialist kit
• any entrance permits (50 USD for Damavand – 30 USD for Alamkooh)
• international flights
• local airport taxes and international visas
• tips to local guides
• personal equipment (once booked you’ll receive a short kit list)
• travel insurance
Day1: Transferring from airport to hotel
Day2: driving from Tehran to Roodbarak village. overnight in MSFI hut.
Day3: driving from Roodbarak to Vandarbon and ascending to Alamchal camp (4000m )
Day4: Ascending Shaneh Kooh summit (4450m) for acclimatization. Back to camp.
Day5: Climbing the north face Alam Kooh.
Day6: Climbing the north face Alam Kooh (if day before had Bivouac!)
Day7: Returning from Alamchal to Roodbarak. overnight in MSFI hut.
Day8: driving to Tehran and departure.
Some require equipment:
• Descending and belay tool
• Rock climbing shoe
• Ice axes
• rock climbing boot
• Chocks – knots
• Friends SLCD
• Chock pick
• Tall and short slings
• 4 seasons sleep bag and mattress
• Clothes and other personal equipment