Sabalan with 4811m altitude is located in north west part of IRAN. Sabalan is also third highest peak in Iran. It has some glaciers in the north face.
It contains glaciers such as :
Heram Dagh , Kasreh Dagh and Sabalan (north and west ) One of the best Alpine icy route in this zone is located in the north face of Sabalan. This glacier with 65 degrees has about 600m length . the ascension will be started in 4100m altitude and will be ended in 4700m altitude .
BEST TIME: September- October – November
TRIP LENGTH: 6 days
• full services of a professional expedition leader plus local guides
• 4×4 vehicle support as required
• all meals
• all transport as outlined in the itinerary
• all accommodation
• any specialist kit
• international flights
• local airport taxes and international visas
• tips to local guides
• personal equipment (once booked you’ll receive a short kit list)
• travel insurance
Day1: Transferring from airport IKA to hotel.
Day2: flying from Tehran to Ardebil and visiting the city. Visiting city.
Day3: Transferring from Ardebil to Shabil. Start climbing to the camp.
Day4: Climbing Sabalan glacier. Back to camp.
Day5: Returning to Shabil then to Ardebil.
Day6: fly to Tehran and departure.
Some OF require equipment:
• Descending and belay tool
• Rock climbing shoe
• Ice axes
• Ice screws
• Ice climbing boot
• Chock pick
• Tall and short slings
• 4 seasons sleeping bag and mattress
• Clothes and other personal equipment